Receptionist & Office Clerk (Part-Time)
Are you looking for a part-time opportunity to maintain work-life balance? This position is 20- 25 hours per week and could be the one for you
Job Summary: The Receptionist/Office Clerk is primarily responsible for welcoming visitors, taking and redirecting phone calls and providing administrative support to the organization.
- Serve as front office receptionist, including answering the phone, receiving and directing visitors to the appropriate person or department.
- Assist the Finance Department with the processing of accounts payable, including coding and inputting invoices, issuing checks and preparing checks for signature and mailing; ensuring compliance with policies.
- Work with the Finance Associate to coordinate monthly credit card process from data gathering through system processing as well as obtaining W-9 paperwork and assist with processing year end 1099s
- Respond to or forward website inquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Maintain and order office supplies and equipment as needed
- Distribute mail and other correspondence
- Assist in coordinating department and company-wide meetings/events and manage catering needs/order food for these meetings
- Provide support for members of the Executive Team (correspondence, mailings, calendar administration, etc.)
- High school diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience as a Receptionist, Clerk, Administrative Assistant or related position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Accounts Payable is a plus
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with Accounting software is (e.g., QuickBooks, Intacct) is strongly preferred
- Positive professional demeanor and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
PlEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers part-time employees Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.