Manager of Learning & Evaluation
Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS) is seeking a Manager of Learning & Evaluation responsible for utilizing program evaluation to inform program planning and development throughout the Education and Training Programs. Ensure the use of data in program decision making to monitor and enhance the use of measurable outcomes that help the Education & Training department articulate its impact.
Our programs include our Biomedical Careers Program, launched in 1992, a nine-month program that prepares local, low-to- moderate-income adults for careers in biotechnology, life science, and medical research industries and supplies local employers with work-ready, diverse employees, Information Technology Careers Program, which prepares individuals for Computer User Support Specialist positions by obtaining “stackable” industry-recognized credentials and certificates and YouthBuild, a fulltime comprehensive youth development program for 16-24-year-old out-of-school youth that provides education leading to grade level increases and credential attainment (high school diploma or HiSET); career exploration and employment skills building; and leadership and life skills training.
- Engage in ongoing program evaluation with E&T staff to ensure programs continue to align with defined Theories of Change that drive program models in order to meet identified goals and outcomes
- Provide ongoing training on E&T program models. Support in identifying best practices for youth and adult workforce development programs and provide recommendations aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness of current programs
- Oversee internal data tracking systems (including Salesforce) and other reporting tools for E&T program and service data, monitoring for data quality
- Coordinate and collect program service data and provide ongoing support to E&T programs. Use data to report on program activities and outcomes to program funders
- Provide requested reports on E&T program outcomes to internal and external requests
- Oversee compliance and renewal process of federal and state contracts and meet all reporting requirements
- Collaborate with E&T Data and Program coordinators to maximize data quality and consistency with existing data-tracking tools (Salesforce)
- Coordinate with other agency evaluation efforts to minimize evaluation overlap and maximize program assessment
- An advanced degree in education, social work or related field or equivalent
- Experience in the areas of workforce development, alternative education, youth development, school to career and higher education systems or related disciplines, with a focus on serving disadvantaged and/or low income urban populations
- Interest in and experience with systems and organizational change
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of program evaluation methodology and data analysis
- Ability to present clear accessible data and findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with full proficiency in Excel and Word as well as Salesforce
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 12 paid holidays and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.