Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS) is looking for a Staff Accountant to provide general fiscal support for the organization and ensure that solid financial information is maintained and available for management.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries, reconcile ledger accounts, and prepare accounting schedules.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger duties.
- Manage the annual 1099 process
- Manage the monthly credit card process
- Prepare Home Improvement Program Quarterly Report sent to City of Cambridge
- Provide monthly development activity reports to Management Company to include trial balance and journal entries
- Perform analysis and develop financial reports/schedules in accordance to lenders or 3rd party requirements
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements according to schedule
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Serve as backup for the accounts payable function
- Confirm standard account set up for development projects
- Provide development project managers with cost information to prepare development cash flows and comparisons to budgets
- Prepare initial Real Estate Development closing requisition for review by Real Estate Development staff
- Assist Real Estate Development staff with monthly requisition process
- Maintain audit work papers for Cost Certifications
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting
- Strong analytic and accounting skills
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience using Intacct software preferred
- Real estate industry experience strongly preferred
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a non-profit community development corporation dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services in and around Cambridge. Since 1968, JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, Employee Assistance Program, 20 PTO days in the first year, 12 paid holidays, Volunteer Time Off, and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.