Academic Services Manager
Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS) is looking for an Academic Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the academic success of students in our innovative and growing Biomedical and Information Technology Careers Programs by developing and overseeing systems for teacher and student support.
- Support student academic success by building relationships, tracking progress, and intervening as needed to promote program retention and course completion.
- Establish systems for continual curriculum review and revision in collaboration with teachers, advisory board members, and academic partners to ensure alignment with industry needs as well as academic credentialing.
- Supervise and support teachers in curriculum development, classroom management, and other professional development.
- In collaboration with teachers, articulate a teaching philosophy and set general guidelines for instruction, student support, interventions, and escalation of student issues.
- Oversee academic logistics including setting semester schedules and academic calendars and supply budgeting.
- Assist Manager of Workforce Development with maintaining relationships with various community and academic partners including contract renewals, articulation agreements, and student credentialing.
- Support program coordinator with efforts related to recruitment and enrollment as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science and/or Education and a minimum of two years in a supervisory role, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to forge effective relationships with staff, participants, and external partners/organizations
- Experience teaching in a program that serves a culturally diverse adult population
- Knowledge of IT and biotechnology industries
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 12 paid holidays and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
Just A Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff represents a wide range of ages, races, interests, and backgrounds coming together in pursuit of common goals. Together, we strive to provide an environment that values diversity and promotes an inclusive culture. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.