Career Readiness Specialist
Just-A-Start is a community development corporation dedicated to promoting equity by creating access to stable housing and building pathways to economic opportunity. We build and preserve affordable housing, offer education and workforce training, and provide housing resources and services to low-to-moderate-income people in Cambridge and nearby communities.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and mission-oriented professional to join our Workforce Development team. The Career Readiness Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing career readiness initiatives that support our Biomedical and Information Technology Career programs. The Career Readiness Specialist will design and facilitate a career readiness curriculum within our programs and create and maintain partnerships with employers that result in increased employer engagement and job opportunities for students. Salary Range: 46,000 - $57,000.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Build relationships with employers, assess their specific needs, and work with the Workforce Development team to develop tailored training programs
- Serve as a key liaison between Workforce Development programs and potential employers with an understanding of the student’s skills as well as the employers needs
- Raise awareness and expand our partnerships with employers in the community to provide long term opportunities that benefit both employers and students
- Facilitate career readiness and exploration workshops and presentations for students
- Arrange opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience and exposure to potential employers (speakers, lab visits, company tours, etc.)
- Work with program instructors to evaluate students’ career readiness skills and develop additional classroom activities and curriculum as needed
- Participate in and facilitate Advisory Board meetings
- Document and track program outcomes and services to measure impact, employer engagement, and comply with funding requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience working with diverse, adult populations
- Workforce development experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Biotechnology or Information Technology (IT) industry preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter using the link provided.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 13 paid holidays, volunteer time off, employee assistance program and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.
JAS strongly believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity, and does not permit unlawful discrimination against its employees or applicants because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, veteran status or military obligations or any other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws. We strongly believe that diversity of employees at all levels makes us a stronger agency that can make a more meaningful contribution to our communities, and we strive to succeed in this regard.