Senior Staff Accountant
Just A Start is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to provide general fiscal support for the organization and ensure that solid financial information is maintained and available for management.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES:
· Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries, reconcile ledger accounts, and prepare accounting schedules.
· Substantiate financial transactions in preparation of the financial year end audit.
· Perform monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger duties.
· Manage the annual 1099 process.
· Manage the monthly credit card process.
· Prepare Home Improvement Program Quarterly Report sent to City of Cambridge.
· Assist with analysis and development of financial reports/schedules in accordance to lenders or 3rd party requirements.
· Verify, allocate, post and reconcile cash and other transactions.
· Assist in the preparation of the financial statements according to schedule.
· Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
· Assist with month-end and year-end close process.
· Provide accounting reports to the Real Estate Staff for predevelopment deals as needed.
· Assist with accounting for Condo buyback program.
· Assist Real Estate Accountant in preparing requisitions for construction loan funding as needed.
· Assist Real Estate Accountant with audit workpapers for Cost Certifications as needed.
· Analyze and prepare depreciation on a monthly basis.
· Work on special projects as assigned.
· Serve as backup for the accounts payable function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; 3-5 years’ experience, non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong analytic and accounting skills; thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Intacct and Bill.com experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, strong collaborator and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills; problem-solving, research and resolution and data analysis.
- Passion for the work of JUST A START.
This is a 37.5-hour per week hybrid remote/in-the-office position and is entitled to full employee benefits including health, dental and retirement.
All employees and long-term consultants are required to be fully vaccinated and follow the organization's established protocols regarding COVID.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
In addition to a competitive salary, starting at $80K, Just A Start offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 13 paid holidays, VTO (Volunteer Time Off) and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.
About Just A Start
Just A Start believes that access to stable housing and sustainable careers are the essential building blocks of equitable communities. For more than 50 years, we have focused on meeting the fundamental needs of individuals and families who have been systematically denied opportunities to realize their full potential. Our programs include affordable housing, education and job training and comprehensive support services, spanning Cambridge and beyond. Just A Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff represents a wide range of ages, races, interests, and backgrounds coming together in pursuit of common goals. Together, we strive to provide an environment that values diversity and promotes an inclusive culture. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by