Youth Program Manager
The Youth Program Manager (YPM) plays a crucial cross-departmental role in operationalizing program excellence, equity, outcomes, and success across the entire YouthBuild team. The YPM will work closely with YouthBuild leadership to deliver seamless integration across YouthBuild Academics, Construction, Case Management and Counseling, Career Development, Impact and Evaluation, Operations and more. Additionally, the YPM will play a project manager role in overseeing new student recruitment and enrollment, and special events (e.g. graduation, community service projects, and college and career readiness field trips).
Program Management and Special Initiatives
- Day-to-day management of Youth Programs including maintaining student records, program vendor coordination and billing, program supply inventories, and program calendar project management in partnership with component leads
- Lead planner for key program events such as orientation, graduation, college and career field trips, community service, community and holiday celebrations, and more
- Maintain building operations with an eye for integrating DEI, college and career readiness, and academics to make YouthBuild a welcoming, inclusive, appealing space for students
- Oversee food security through community partnerships and community meals to ensure students have healthy, nutritious and delicious meal options
- In close coordination with the Manager of Learning & Evaluation and YouthBuild leadership team, collect, monitor and track student demographics, attendance dashboards, services received, academic learning gains and employment placement data in Salesforce and funder databases
- Support the Assistant Director with planning and implementing student facing outings, college tours, leadership opportunities and other special initiatives
- Collaborate with the Youth Employment Specialist, Construction Project Manager, and Assistant Director to manage existing employer partnerships, agreements, and cultivate new relationships.
- Work with Assistant Director and Director to develop and implement needed professional development and leadership training opportunities for a team of 10+ staff
Outreach, Recruitment, and Enrollment
- Develop, adapt, and track outreach and recruitment strategies, marketing materials, and use of social media that target youth who best meet program criteria
- Oversee application and enrollment process, including information sessions, interviews, academic assessment, and eligibility documents
- Manage multiple youth program orientations throughout the year for new YouthBuild students
- Maintain current community partnerships for recruitment referrals and employer partnerships across the Metro North Region including leading information sessions, job fairs, and employment opportunities
- Drive innovation in alumni outreach and programming, including a leadership role for the YouthBuild policy council, and alumni network with support from Summer VISTA and/or alumni engagement coordinator
- Ensure student files are stored and maintained in compliance with funding sources
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree desired and/or a minimum of three (3) years of related experience with program management, outreach and related administrative activities
- Love, connection, sense of humor and passion for working with young people
- Equity centered professional who is able to understand the systemic barriers that opportunity youth may face
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, test, build systems and maximize resources within and outside the agency/program to achieve program outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Awareness or direct experience with strengths-based or trauma-informed practices
- Driver’s license and willingness to carry out program related transportation and operational activities
- Experience working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and video conferencing products
- Knowledge of data management software/best practices; Salesforce experience is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours outside of Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm schedule as needed
- Acceptable CORI / SORI
ABOUT YOUTHBUILD JUST A START
YouthBuild partners with opportunity youth to build the skillsets and mindsets that lead to lifelong learning, livelihood, and leadership. At more than 275 YouthBuild programs across the United States and around the world, students reclaim their education, gain job skills, and become leaders in their communities. YouthBuild strives to create a world where all young people are seen for their potential, and power to transform themselves and their communities.
YouthBuild sits within Just A Start, a Community Development Corporation based in Cambridge. Just A Start’s mission is to promote equity by creating access to stable housing and building pathways to economic opportunity.
Just A Start believes that access to stable housing and sustainable careers are the essential building blocks of vibrant and equitable communities. For 54 years, we have focused on meeting those fundamental needs of individuals and families who have been systematically denied opportunities to realize their full potential. We develop and connect residents with affordable housing, train residents for family-sustaining careers, provide a range of support services in Cambridge and beyond.
This is a 37.5-hour per week hybrid remote/in-the-office position, which is entitled to full employee benefits including health, dental and retirement.
All employees and long-term consultants are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID and are required follow the organization's established COVID protocols.
In addition to a competitive salary, Just A Start offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 13 paid holidays, 1 day of Volunteer Time Off, and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.