As a community development corporation (CDC), Just-A-Start (JAS) is dedicated to building the housing security and economic stability of low- to moderate-income people in Cambridge and nearby communities. Through comprehensive and integrated programs, JAS creates and maintains affordable housing, provides housing resources and services, offers education and workforce training for youth and adults, and builds community engagement. JAS’s vision is a better future for each and every community member: a secure home, a sustaining career, and engagement in the community. For more information, visit www.justastart.org.
As the Staff Accountant you will provide general fiscal support for the organization and assure solid financial information is maintained and available for management.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries, reconcile ledger accounts, and prepare accounting schedules.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Perform bank reconciliation and general ledger duties.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements according to schedule
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Serve as backup for accounts payable function
- Prepare initial Development closing requisition
- Assist Development staff with monthly requisition process
- Maintain auditors work papers for Cost Certification
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting.
- Strong analytic and accounting skills
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Experience using accounting software programs.
- Understanding of Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and experience in real estate accounting a plus
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, PTO, 12 paid holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.