Lead HiSET Instructor
You love math, social studies, and science! And you have the ability to prepare students ages 16-24 to pass the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) and promote a path towards a career and higher education. We are expanding our highly recognized YouthBuild program and have several positions to fill for our next session. Our approach aligns with a culture where youth are the primary focus and have a say in their development and decision-making.
What you will do:
- Monitor student educational progress through one-on-one meetings, classroom observation, and assessments
- Teach HiSET classes that go above and beyond passing subject tests by incorporating techniques that further advance skills needed to be successful in post-secondary education and/or employment
- Supervise and support education team and identify professional development opportunities
- Plan and deliver engaging curriculum and lesson plans in coordination with other program component classes such as life skills, career readiness and construction training
- Adapt and differentiate material and pedagogy to meet the needs of individual students such as incorporating a range of educational settings, field trips, one-on-one approach, classroom activities, visuals, and lectures
- Collect, track and monitor all relevant data such as student academic standing, progress and achievements, and use information to measure impact and make informed programmatic decisions
Your qualifications are:
- Master’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in a diverse educational setting that serve out of school young adults, or equivalent
- Proven track record of high educational outcomes for HiSET/GED tests and assessments
- Ability to work flexible hours outside of Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm schedule if needed
- Acceptable CORI/SORI and driving record
Just-A-Start offers a comprehensive benefit package, including; Medical, Dental, PTO, 12 Paid Holidays, Commuter Benefits, Life and Disability and 401k w Company Contribution.