Career Coach, Workforce Development Programs
Just-A-Start is seeking a Career Coach for our long standing Biomedical Careers Program and our new IT Careers Program based in Cambridge, MA. In this rewarding position, you will prepare program participants for a career in the biotech and IT industries.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, PTO, 12 paid holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
Key Job Activities:
- Develop and nurture relationships with potential employers, recruiters and identify sufficient job leads.
- Teach career readiness workshops with emphasis in the biomedical and IT fields to adequately prepare students for a career.
- Arrange speakers, field trips, and job fairs for students.
- Maintain constant contact with students via email, phone as new job prospects become available.
- Document and track program outcomes and services to measure impact and comply with funding requirements.
- Work with program instructors to evaluate student’s career readiness skills and develop additional classroom activities and curriculum as needed.
- Follow up, maintain, and support alumni relations via email, phone, social media and plan yearly alumni reunion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a science or tech field required.
- Experience teaching/working with adult students with a diverse background preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a job development, employment field or a career services role preferred.
- Excellent phone etiquette, great interpersonal skills, and ability to be empathetic.
- High degree of computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, social media and able to search the internet.
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.