Biology Teacher - Biomedical Careers Program
Just-A-Start is seeking a Biology Teacher for its long-standing Biomedical Careers Program based in Cambridge, MA. Teach college level biotechnology curriculum to participants during their academic year which runs from January through August. If you have strong lab skills especially as related to biotechnology and enjoy working with students of diverse academic backgrounds, then this could be the part-time position you've been looking for.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Work within an established curriculum.
- Help enhance lab component in the second semester.
- Responsible for teaching Biology lecture and co-teaching biotechnology lab.
- Prepare materials and equipment for laboratory exercises, maintain lab inventory and clean/pack lab at the end of the year.
- Document each lesson’s slides, handouts and homework assignments and share with team
- Maintain accurate records, files and instruction plans for each participant
- Recommend participants in need of additional support services and tutoring
- Recommend students for job leads based on matched academic aptitude and demonstrated skills. Serve as job reference for students.
- Master’s degree in Biology and a minimum of one year teaching experience, or equivalent
- Experience teaching adults and familiarity with non-traditional educational models is preferred
- Experience working in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or in an academic or clinical laboratory would be strongly favored
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.