Director of Employer Partnerships
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role taking Just a Start’s employer engagement program to the next level.
The Director of Employer Partnerships is responsible for revenue generation through partnerships with employers that result in program development, number of internships, and an increased number of employer relationships and job opportunities for students who have successfully completed our Biomedical or Information Technology Career program. The successful candidate will increase visibility of Just a Start (JAS) programs and strengthen corporate relationships that are mutually beneficial to students and result in a substantial number of engaged employers.
- Through networking and prospecting, raise awareness and expand our partnerships with employers in the community to provide long term opportunities that benefit both employers and students
- Serve as a key liaison between JAS programs and potential employers with an understanding of the student’s skills as well as the employers needs
- Participate and facilitate Advisory Board meetings
- Build relationships with employers, assess their specific needs and develop tailored training programs
- Develop work-based learning internship programs and secure partnerships with companies for internship opportunities and formalize the internship agreement process
- Organize job fairs and employer engagement events in the community
- Identify opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience (lab visits, company tours, etc.)
- Facilitate workshops or presentations for students
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Education field and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience
- Demonstrated capabilities in career development or similar outreach efforts
- Proven track record of business development resulting in sustainable partnerships with employers
- Ability to build relationships, present value proposition, strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the Biotechnology or Information Technology (IT) industry is preferred
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, transportation benefits, 20 PTO days in the first year, 12 paid holidays and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.